City mounted transport
Passengers — up to 100 people, freight — up to 10 tons.
Haul distance — up to 200 km.
Volume of high-speed city transportation: up to 25 thousand people ; freight — up to 1,000 tons.
Declivity — up to 15%, with difficult specifications — up to 30%.
Speed — up to 150 km/h.
in the city
between the city and the suburb
between the city and the airport
between neighboring cities
1) Speed - up to 150 km per hour.
2) Capacity of rolling stock:
- passengers — up to 100 persons;
- freight — up to 10 tons.
3) Declivity (downward slops) — up to 15%, at special design — up to 30%.
4) Haul distance — up to 200 km.
5) Volume of high-speed city transportation:
- passengers at rush hour — up to 25 thousand people on one haul distance;
- freight — up to 1,000 tons per day on one haul distance.
6) Estimated value of city high-speed track, without the cost of rolling stock, passenger terminals and infrastructure is $1.5 million per km
7) The cost of city high-speed transportation is two times lower than the cost of underground transportation, three times lower than transportation by car, and five times lower than existing monorail.
1) Decrease in capital construction costs through:
- significant reduction of land take for tracks and infrastructure;
- elimination of earth banks, removals, transport tunnels, bridges, crossovers, multilevel transport junctions and water sluices;
- the fact that rugged topography, low strength of underlying subgrade or complex geographical and climatic conditions do not lead to higher costs of the rail string elevated structure;
- reducing in a bigger scale the resource intensity of a rail string elevated structure, compared to the traditional transport elevated structure with continuous roadway.
2) Decrease of operating costs through:
- a reduction of energy and fuel consumption
- a reduction of the costs for operational staff and their salary
- automation of loading -unloading operations and transportation process
- a large reduction in engineering works as well as repair and recovery activities
- eliminating the need to clean roads from sleet and snow in winter.
3) Reduction of self- cost of industrial freight transportation by twice or more times.
4) The possibility of sparing development and comfortable inhabitation in the hard-to reach new territories : islands, mountains , sea shelfs, etc.
5) Increasing the reliability and security of all-weather and year-round service of high-speed city transportsystem in any natural climatic conditions.
6) The possibility of combining Sky Way structure and supports with overhead and cable power lines and communication lines – wire, fiber optical, radio relay and cellular lines.
1) Low resource and energy consumption at all stages of high speed transport system life circle ( design, construction, operation and dismantling.
2) The city string elevated structure does not encroach on the landscape, biogeocenose and biodiversity of the surrounding area.
3) The road does not destroy the fertile soil and the vegetation growing in it.
4) The suspended transport system does not prevent:
- motion of ground and surface waters;
- movement of people, domestic and wild animals;
- the work of agricultural, construction and special equipment.
RELIABILITY AND SECURITY
1) The freight rolling stock is equipped with a “running-off” prevention system.
2) There is a tenfold increase on the bearing load of the string elements in the elevated structure.
3) Resistance to frost and ice, snow drifts, fog, dust and sand storms,
4) Operation reliability at any extreme air temperatures.
5) High resistance to vandalism and terrorist attacks.
6) Resistance to natural disasters:
- earthquakes — with magnitude up to 10 points on the Richter scale;
- floods, river overflows — with the water depth up to 10 meters and more;
- hurricane wind — with the speed up to 250km/h or more;
- tsunami — with the wave height up to 20 meters and more.